[TYPO3-english] tt_content.menu.default display name first level parent page

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Thu Feb 6 14:32:29 CET 2014

bernd wilke schreef op 06-02-14 14:05:
> hm. maybe I got it now:
>
> for each page a BE-editor takes a list of pages which should be
> displayed as a menu in the kind of:
>
> <section of page1> - <name of page1>
> <section of page2> - <name of page2>
> <section of page3> - <name of page3>
> <section of page4> - <name of page4>
>
> with the selection you get the Ids of page1 to page4

Yep that's correct.

> if you now want the title of the parent page you need to enhance the
> title rendering (with stdWrap) via a query (.wrap.cObject = RECORD) to
> the parent page's title field.
> in case of more levels between you need to act recursively (which can
> not be realized in typoscript) or explicit iterated (you may use
> TS-Conditions for individual iteration levels per page)

There are 6 sections, the names of the sections are static.
The page tree contains multiple levels, so it will not be sufficient to
get the title of the parent page.

Since there are only 6 sections, I won't mind hardcoding them.
It would be of great help if I would figure out a way of knowing what's
the PIDinRootline of the selected page in the menu.

--
kind regards,

Muriel le Pair