[TYPO3-english] email form - how to make it work?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Feb 1 12:12:10 CET 2014

Hi Peder,

> Could someone please tell me how to make email form - TYPO3 ver 6.1.7 - works.
> I tried several times to make it work, but no mail is sent.

There could be several things going wrong, including your server not
sending the mails. To test if the mails are really "coming out of
TYPO3", I would advise you to set the following settings in
LocalConfiguration.php (in the "MAIL" section):

	'MAIL' => array(
		'transport' => 'mbox',
		'transport_mbox_file' => 'typo3temp/mail.txt',
	),

This will write mails to a file rather than sending them out. So you
should be able to submit your form and file "typo3temp/mail.txt" should
contain the mails.

If the file is not created (or stays empty), it means the form is not
working. If the file is filled with mails, it means the form is okay and
you have a problem with your server.

HTH

--

Francois Suter