[TYPO3-english] tt_news RSS News feed

Paweł Marciniak pawlox2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 16:17:39 CET 2014

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with news feed based on tt_news. I've upgraded typo3 from 4.3 to 4.5.34 (but not upgraded tt_news plugin, it's still 2.5.2 version), and my rss news feed just stoped working with error "XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document", after that I made some changes in TS config of that page and now it looks like that:

### Constants ###
plugin.tt_news {
   displayXML {
    xmlCaching = 1
    xmlLimit = 15
    xmlFormat = rss091
    xmlTitle = News
    xmlLink = ******
    xmlDesc = description
    xmlLang = pl
    title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
    title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
    subheader_stdWrap.stripHtml = 1
    subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
    subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
    subheader_stdWrap.crop = 425 | ... | 1
    subheader_stdWrap.ifEmpty.field = bodytext
    xmlLastBuildDate = 1
    rss2_tmplFile = fileadmin/templates/main/templates-ext/tt_news_rss_2.tmpl
   }
}

### Setup ###
page.headerData.1100 = TEXT
page.headerData.1100.value = <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS-Feed" href="/index.php?id=83&type=100" />
xmlnews = PAGE
xmlnews {
  typeNum = 100
  10 >
  10 < plugin.tt_news
  10.pid_list >
  10.pid_list = 58,57,56,55
  10.singlePid = 84
  10.defaultCode = XML
  10.displayXML.xmlFormat = rss2
  10.templateFile = fileadmin/templates/main/templates-ext/tt_news_rss_2.tmpl

  config {
    disableAllHeaderCode = 1
    additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/xml
    no_cache = 1
    xhtml_cleaning = 0
  }
}

Now the problem is that instead of rss2 template, page is using some default news html template and displays it instead of xml... Anyone know how to fix this?