[TYPO3-english] Which Typo3 version to use?

Pero Peric pperic at mail.com
Tue Dec 23 12:47:23 CET 2014

And when you get back to Earth and real people - choose 4.5 or 4.7.20 as
i did :-)

In my personal opinion TYPO3 is spread up on too much fronts and new
versions are popping out too fast. 4.5 LTS, 4.7, 6.x, 6 LTS, 7, Neos..
omg. people.

Recently i started new site and i choose 4.7.20. Why? I really don't
have time to play with things that will not work on 6.x - i'm pointing
here mainly on extensions but other things too. I need stable known
environment to make a site as fast as possible - not to lose time
googling and writing to this list. Version 7 i will not even comment.
Neos - nice, but last time i checked this it was more like a CMS
playground, not some real CMS to be used in real world.

In the end i'll give u my personal opinion where should TYPO3 focus. So,
i think instead od mass producing new versions every 5 days TYPO3 should
focus more on end user usability and incoporating features that are
today web standard - for example RealURL should have been implemented in
TYPO3 long time ago before any 6,7,Neos or whatever version. It's just
like developers don't have a feeling for a real world problems people
experience by using CMS but they dream about optimizing code and
implementing super cool new programming stuff. Just an opinion.

regards.