[TYPO3-english] Re: Content Syndication by tags/query

Daniel Davis dan at danizen.net
Mon Dec 22 19:47:03 CET 2014

Mark, correct me if I am wrong, but I think I'm looking for a way to do what Drupal and Wordpress do for Blogs/News in Typo3.   In each you create a post that is a self-contained page, and another page summarizes them.

My idea to implement that is to have a page with a custom template, that gets the data either from a TMENU plugin on the page or from a Tesseract Query Data Source on the page.   In this way, the only data selected by the query is the id and title for TMENU, and the data retrieved is explicitly controlled by the SQL Query for Tesseract.

Then, the Typo3 template renders a feed.

I will try tt_news more explicitly first and make sure I understand its architecture.   It may be that the right architecture is to have a tt_news post that has a snippet on it and a reference to another page.   I don't understand tt_news as yet, since my Typo3 work is in a trial/evaluation, and it worked out of the box so much better for enterprise then Drupal.
--
Daniel Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems, National Library of Medicine, NIH