[TYPO3-english] Cache headers on FAL drive

Jacco van der Post jacco at id-internetservices.com
Sat Dec 20 14:22:28 CET 2014

Hi,

I am using the Amazon S3 driver (aus_driver_amazon_s3).

In FLUID I do <f:image src="2:{media.thumbnail}.jpg" width="100"/> (with
2 being the file storage uid) and
http://xxxx.s3.amazonaws.com/_processed_/csm_fb5ee34c13d865aab77345ea7bfbf317_2_cb4072a5ae.jpg
gets generated.

However I than run Yslow on the page I get a warning on Add Expires
headers that these images are without a far-future expiration date.

In .htaccess ExpiresActive is on for images and it works for images on
the TYPO3 server.

1. Is it possible to set somehow a cachecontrol header like described
http://www.bucketexplorer.com/documentation/amazon-s3--how-to-set-cache-control-header-for-s3-object.html

2. Will this improve pageload in general or only if the page is not
cached by TYPO3?

thanks

--
Kind Regards