[TYPO3-english] Labels translations for a new extension

Sergio Catalá scatala.enet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:13:37 CET 2014

Hi list,

"felogin" extension uses a template that has some labels of type
"###USERNAME_LABEL###" (f.e. for the placeholder of the username input
field). If I download through "ADMIN TOOLS" > "Language" module on backend
the german translation for "felogin" extension, this label is converted to
german in the frontend. Fine until here.

Now let's just imagine I am building a new extension that has some
typoscript that just replaces the file template for "felogin" extension.
When I enable my extension, labels are again in english.

As far as I understood the internationalization process for labels, the
translations are supposed to be inside my extension on XLIFF files under
Resources/Language/ folder. As these files are not there (I would like to
use the ones for german inherited from "felogin" extension), the english
labels are used again.

Could someone tell me how to fix this problem, or explain to me if my
thoughts are not right?

Thanks in advance,
Sergio