[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 CMS and MariaDB

Stephan Großberndt s.grossberndt at sidebysite.de
Mon Dec 15 10:07:24 CET 2014

Hi Michael,

our company does not have a single MySQL instance anymore since ages (I
think since MariaDB 5.1) - we use MariaDB for all out sites without DBAL
for production in 4.5 to 6.2 instances. I've had no problems at all,
neither at migrating nor using, only performance gain :-)
Since its a binary replacement on TYPO3 side there is nothing to change.
Some of the Server-Variables are different and also there are more to
allow better tuning, but if you use your current my.ini it will work as
well and without tuning likely be faster already.

Do the switch, it's easy and worth it!

Regards,
Stephan