[TYPO3-english] realurl: is rootpage_id necessary?

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Wed Dec 10 23:00:52 CET 2014

Hi all,

On a multi-domain site I discovered that the realurl configuration for
rootpage_id was not done correctly in realurl_conf.php, but still everything
seems to work fine.

I tried e.g. to access sub1.domain.com/news and sub2.domain.com/news and both
deliver the right - different - page.

realurl_conf.php has been done manually and it makes use of the
tx_realurl_advanced script [1], so I would expect such requests to fail without
the rootpage_id's set (e.g. both delivering the same page, or generating an
error because of conflicting path names), but all appears to work fine.

So my question is, do I really need that setting, and if yes, how could I
enforce a failure to test whether it has been set or not?

Thanks!
Loek

[1]
http://wiki.typo3.org/Realurl/manual#Configure_.22realurl.22_to_work_with_.22tx_realurl_advanced.22_ID_encoding