[TYPO3-english] TMENU special language as select / drop down

Sacha Vorbeck vorbeck at typo3tutor.de
Tue Dec 9 14:04:18 CET 2014

Hi,
I created a language - switcher with a HMENU special language like this:
gist.github.com/typo3gov/033a62946ead2191422b

I`d really like to avoid the stdWrap.replace function at the end which removes the a href and closing /a parts from the links generated by the TMENUITEM.

I tried to activate "typolink.returnLast = url" in every way I could imagine but didn`t succeed. I also tried to work with a custom cObject but it would be much more simple and elegant to use the default TMENUITEM while only changing the default link so that it only renders the URL instead of the a element.

Has someone else succeeded in convincing the TMENUITEM to accept returnLast = url?

Thank you - all the best,
Sacha