[TYPO3-english] Main menu problem on 4.3.1

Mark Haste pallarav at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 19:38:00 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I have a tough cookie to crack. I've never used Typo3 CMS and I agreed to do some maintenance on my friend's site (delete one of obsolete links in the main menu). My first mistake was that I didn't do any backup.

And now the "please, please help me" part.

Main menu gets its elements from root CMS tree (three main categories, let's say Laptops, Cameras, Printers). This is standard menu - in <ul> and <li> tags. Apart from that there was some manually added link in div/a href with an image. I've erased that from existence.

Now there's a problem. When I click "Laptops" (category A) CMS adds "current" class to category B (Cameras) and the second level sub-menu pops out from the B category (lens, battery, microsd cards) - of course there should be category A items after clicking "Laptops". Could you tell me what I did wrong, I will present to you the part of the +ext code that (I hope) is the most important bit in this issue (if it's not - please let me know what else to copy + paste). Could someone take a look and tell me why clicking on A is showing B and it's submenu, clicking on B is showing C's content and submenu? When I click on C there's no submenu. Completely don't understand what happened. Something is giving +1 to {elementUid}?? But where?

Thank you very much.

PS. if it's in the wrong part of the forum please (moderator) move it to the appropriate part, thank you. Greetings from Poland.

Code:
temp.MenuTo
temp.MenuTo = COA_INT
temp.MenuTo.10 = HMENU
temp.MenuTo.10.special = list
temp.MenuTo.10.special.value = 2,3,4
temp.MenuTo.10.1 = TMENU
temp.MenuTo.10.wrap = |
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
temp.MenuTo.10.wrap = |
[end]
temp.MenuTo.10.1.noBlur = 1
temp.MenuTo.10.1.expAll = 1
temp.MenuTo.10.1.NO {
subst_elementUid = 1
linkWrap = |
ATagBeforeWrap = 1
ATagParams = rel="sb{elementUid}"
wrapItemAndSub = |
#ATagParams = class="no-border" |*| |*| |
}
temp.MenuTo.10.1.ACT = 1
temp.MenuTo.10.1.ACT {
subst_elementUid = 1
linkWrap = |
ATagBeforeWrap = 1
ATagParams = class="current" rel="sb{elementUid}"
wrapItemAndSub = |
}

temp.MenuTo.20 = HMENU
temp.MenuTo.20.wrap = |