[TYPO3-english] Re: [TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 7.0

Urs Braem info at ursbraem.ch
Thu Dec 4 15:07:39 CET 2014

Hi, congratulations, and thank you very much for the great and big work!

And I have big questions about maintenance:

Like many others, I am currently working on several 4.5->6.2 upgrades (and 6.1->6.2 as well..should have finished these by now...).  I am happy that TYPO3 prospers and advances, but also a bit unsettled by the fact that the version I'm upgrading to is already "old" before I even finish that work.

So: What are the recommendations in terms of upgrading from older versions?
* Will the upgrade from 6.2->7 be a similarly big step/workload/cost  like a ->6.2 upgrade? Or are they much closer api-wise?
* From which date on would you recommend upgrading directly from 4.5 to 7.0?
* Does anyone see a valid scenario where 4.5 could be kept running until 7.0 LTS goes live?

Cheers & thanks again
Urs