[TYPO3-english] Multi Domain import loses menu

Paul Warner paulwwarner at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 23:01:53 CEST 2014

I have to take two typo3 websites and install them into one typo3 instance.  One was 4.2 and the other 4.5.  I updated them both to the latest version of 4.5 (4.5.34), and attempted to combine them.  I took one site, and after an export of the other site, I created a second root page, then imported the second site into it.  It seemed to work, except that the navigation for the imported site was adopted from the first site.  In other words the page looked ok, except it had the navigation of the first website.  And the navigation of course does not work.  I have since upgraded both sites, and tried the export and import again, but the problem with the navigation menu remains.  I tried reversing it, and starting with the other site, and importing the original first site, but the problem was still there.  The imported site took on the navigation of the site that was already there.  I have searched for someone with the same problem, but not found anything.  There are instructions about multidomain set-ups, and instructions about export and import, but nothing about the two together.  It seems a natural combination, so I find it surprising that I can't find any discussion of this particular problem.  Does someone have an idea what I can do to fix this?