[TYPO3-english] Can't login to Install Tool, want to upgrade from 4.5.5 to 6.2

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Aug 28 13:42:21 CEST 2014

can't see an suspicios extension but those two lines could make problems:

Am 28.08.14 12:50, schrieb Rikard Svenningsen:
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] = '';    //  Modified or inserted
> by TYPO3 Install Tool.
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] = '';    //  Modified or inserted
> by TYPO3 Install Tool.

as this removes the default value it may change your character coding.

either remove/comment the lines complete, or set the default values.
on the other side: make sure your database is encoded in utf8 (optimal
is default encoding set to utf8 on all levels)

in the same way I would remove/comment the line
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['cookieDomain'] = '';

I see no further hints. maybe the problem is no TYPO3 problem at all as
Xavier suspects. what happesn if you rename the .htaccess?

you also may enhance the logging [1] to get other hints,
or install another empty TYPO3 4.5 (blank package) (maybe even a 4.5.5
than the latest 4.5) [2]

[1] http://pi-phi.de/291.html
[2] http://pi-phi.de/241.html

bernd