[TYPO3-english] Typo3 "Core: Error handler (FE): PHP Warning: is_dir(): Unable to find the wrapper ..."

Xander Gresolio gresolio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 12:01:39 CEST 2014

Thanks for the Typo3, it's really great CMS :)

I am learning to use Typo3. I have installed Typo3 v6.2.4 and "The official Introduction Package" on Ubuntu Server 14.04.1 LTS. All worked fine, but one morning I've noticed that my Typo3 site loads very long time. And after that it looks weird (it seems that css is missing). First of all I logged to TYPO3 CMS Backend and saw in the Log the following:

Core: Error handler (FE): PHP Warning: is_dir(): Unable to find the wrapper "ttp" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /opt/typo3/typo3_src-6.2.4/typo3/sysext/core/Classes/Utility/GeneralUtility.php line 884

After googling for a while, I didn't find exact answer what this error is. I tried to find the reason myself. Luckily after clearing cache by pressing "Flush general caches" my site started to work correctly. But next morning the situation was repeated.

It would be nice to find the reason of error, but I don't know where to start. Currently I am reading "Efficiently Debugging TYPO3". Maybe someone faced this situation or can give good advice how to solve it. Thanks.

p.s. Sorry, English isn't my native language, probably I made a lot of mistakes in the text )