[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 6.2 under Ubuntu 10.04

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Aug 27 13:54:02 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 27-8-2014 12:22, bernd wilke wrote:
> Am 27.08.14 11:32, schrieb Georg Schönweger:
>> Hi,
>>
>> According to the Upgrade wiki the PHP version for using TYPO3 6.2 LTS
>> must be at least 5.3.7. Ubuntu 10.04 has PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.26 installed
>> by default. Is this a working combination?

Also realize that PHP 5.3 just received its last update ever. There are
no more updates planned. To me that means that if security issues for
PHP 5.3 are discovered it is very likely that they will not be fixed
anymore. You will from then on have a system with known, un-patched
security problems.

It might be that Ubuntu has backported all kinds of bugfixes from later
versions and will continue to do so for some time, but some
features/bugfixes TYPO3 6.2 needs might not be included.

Lastly, newer versions of PHP have improved their performance.

I agree with Bernd and would upgrade the server OS.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!