[TYPO3-english] Can't login to Install Tool, want to upgrade from 4.5.5 to 6.2

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Aug 27 13:04:27 CEST 2014

Hi,

> I am still worried about if there is more encryption than joh316 -> md5
> What if salt is used or can that not be done?
> The problem is that I am not the one who installed the TYPO3 in the
> first place, so crack the password where I can find them. I have full
> access to the TYPO3 files and also full access to the database.
> If that helps...

You have nothing else to do to

1) Go to install tool
2) Try to login with whichever password you choose, it will fail
3) Copy the hash that is shown (corresponding to the password you entered)
4) Put that hash in localconf.php / LocalConfiguration.php (last
occurence if you have many)
5) Retry, it will work

--
Xavier Perseguers