[TYPO3-english] Can't login to Install Tool, want to upgrade from 4.5.5 to 6.2

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Aug 27 09:23:22 CEST 2014

Am 27.08.14 09:05, schrieb Rikard Svenningsen:
> I get an orange box. where ther is the MD5 of the password I tried to
> login with.
> And a gray box telling that the password is not the same as for the
> administration of the site.
> And where I can change the password to joh316, and how I do that.

you may have changed the wrong localconf.php line.

sometimes you have multiple lines with passwords
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE'] ['installToolPassword']  = ...
in your localconf.php.

you need to change the last setting or insert a new line with your
password-hash at the end of the file.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html