[TYPO3-english] External Import extension: importing XML - records are not update with disabledOperations => ' '

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Aug 24 17:18:07 CEST 2014

Hi all,

> I'm testing this extension for a specific project. Following the great
> tutorial, when testing with a RSS-feed (news from TYPO3.org), news items
> are re-inserted instead of updated.

We sorted out this issue with Bert and here's the solution for those who
might stumble on the same problem: the field containing the external
primary key (in this case "tx_externalimporttut_externalid") only had
the TCA related to external_import but not the basic TCA, in particular
no "config". This means that the field was not recognized by the TYPO3
Core Engine and thus was not saved.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter