[TYPO3-english] yet another gallery (yag) upgrade problems

Paul Warner paulwwarner at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 08:08:58 CEST 2014

I am upgrading an old Typo3 4.5 web site that uses the Yet Another Gallery (yag) extension.  When I upgraded from
Typo3 4.5.34 to 4.7.19, yag broke, both in the backend and the frontend.  I upgraded further to 6.1.10, hoping it would fix itself when yag upgraded (to yag version 3.2.7), but yag remained broken.  In the back end, I had the fatal error "The result image of the image processing was not moved from the creation path..." from the file /ext/yag/Classes/Domain/ImageProcessing/Typo3Processor.php.

$imageTarget = $this->generateAbsoluteResolutionPathAndFilename(end(explode(".", $resultImagePathAbsolute)), $origFile->getTitle());

The $imageTarget did not include the base path, in other words the path started with /fileadmin, etc.  For this reason, the attempt to copy the file failed, and caused the exception to be thrown.  I repaired this in the code by loading the base path into this path for the copy, rename, and file exists, but left the shorter version in for the last part of the function, $resolutionFile->setPath($imageTarget);  At this point, I seem to have a functioning backend for yag.  All images are displayed correctly, and there is no error thrown.

In the front end, the gallery displays only a link 'Container', which, when clicked, does nothing.  The listed images do not appear in the source code for the page.

I haved searched for postings in English and German that might have clues to help me, but have not been able to find anything similar.  I would be grateful for any suggestions...

Thanks!