[TYPO3-english] "The requested page didn't have a proper connection to the tree-root"

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Aug 21 20:38:44 CEST 2014

Hi Scotty C,

Scotty C wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I need to go into the database and manually set a root
> flag to tie things back together. If so, does anybody know of a quick and
> easy way to do that?

Each page has a property pid which contains the uid of the parent page.

This way you can walk up the rootline of the page. The topmost page must
have the pid 0.

Anyway, without taking a look at the tree, it will be close to impossible to
fix this, because you do not know how the site is supposed to look like.

If you have access to the DB, I suggest to download tt_content, pages and
sys_template and import this onto a test installation. Then you can play
around and work out a fix.

Btw, if you have access to the DB, you can create yourself a backend user in
beusers.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!