[TYPO3-english] fe_user creation fails / passwords rejected with TYPO3 4.7.19

Stefan Kaufmann kaufmann at dwwd.ch
Fri Aug 15 22:19:34 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am stuck with a an issue on a system using TYPO3 4.7.19.
Login of frontend users works but the creation of a new frontend user
fails. I have used sr_feuser_register for many years successfully. Also
until recently all worked fine incl. rsa, saltedpasswords on the  4.7.19
system. But after clearing some unused extensions I started to have
above problem. Unfortunately I also deleted als the sys_log so I have no
history . Tried datamints_feuser and just to discover same issue. So it
is not the extension itself, it must be an issue on system level. Anyone
can help? I run out of ideas...!

- Cleared all caches
- Configured saltedpassword ext.
- rsaauth insstalled