[TYPO3-english] Turla

Henrik Kulla tegetthoff at freemail.hu
Fri Aug 15 14:54:08 CEST 2014

There seems to be a malware specialized on TYPO3, which came into spotlight in the last days. I have not seen any official statement and reaction to this disclosure.

"Most of the infected sites use the TYPO3 CMS, which could indicate the attackers are abusing a specific vulnerability in this publishing platform."

It would be nice to hear about this. Work-in-Progress? Patched? Does not need patching, just Romanian colleagues were lenient to security policies and if we follow them we should be OK? Any signs we should look for to check our installations integrity?

Any more detailed disclosure that I have overlooked and is more detailing to the Typo3 relevance of this menace?

Thank you for your constructive replies.

Sry, this is my first post and links are denied from me:

securelist.com/analysis/publications/65545/the-epic-turla-operation
news.softpedia.com/news/Romanian-Government-Sites-Most-Used-in-Turla-Watering-Hole-Attacks-454175.shtml
threatpost.com/epic-operation-kicks-off-multistage-turla-apt-campaign