[TYPO3-english] Problems with felogin and Typo3 6.2

Claudio Strizzolo claudio.strizzolo at ts.infn.it
Tue Aug 12 11:29:39 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I am upgrading a working site from Typo3 4.5 to 6.2. Almost everything
seems to work fine except for some pages that should be accessible only
by FE users through a felogin form, which worked correctly with 4.5.

The felogin form seems to work correctly, at the beginning: if the user
supplies the right password, he logs in and can see the protected
contents on that page. But if he changes to a different page he loses
his "logged-in" status. So if he tries to view another page reserved to
FE users he cannot do it, as if he never logged in. Even if he tries to
load again the first page (that one that was shown after the initial
login), he is not able to do it: the user is reported as if I never
logged in and the login form is shown again.

It looks like the "logged-in" status gets lost immediately.

I tried also by playing with the permalogin switch without success.

In case that matters: I am using the ig_ldap_sso_auth extension to
authenticate users against a LDAP database. On Typo3 4.5 I used the
extension eu_ldap. However, I do not think that the autentication step
is reponsible because the user can actually log in through the FE form
(BTW, BE users can log in too using the same LDAP database).

Any hints?

Thanks in advance,

Claudio