[TYPO3-english] Uninstall system extension

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Aug 12 08:53:36 CEST 2014

Am 11.08.14 22:32, schrieb Ok Z4uit:
> Hello all,
>
> This question is related to a previous thread about the Form extension:
> http://forum.typo3.org/index.php/t/205342/
>
> I thought however, it might be more useful to raise a general question.
>
> Is it possible to uninstall a single system extension?

as you can do with any other extension.
TYPO3 can store extensions in three different places
(see install-tool:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['allowGlobalInstall'] = 0
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['allowLocalInstall' ] = 1
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['allowSystemInstall'] = 0
you only should use the common default place 'local': typo3conf/ext/)

with the EM you can (de)aktivate any extension available in your
installation (in any place). you can import extensions from TER or from
your computer (upload), which get stored in typo3conf/ext/ (as long as
you do not define otherwise in teh installtool)
this extensions you can delete physical.
from other places you should not delete the extensions. especially not
from sysext.

> - if yes, how and can it be re-installed?

bad wording commonly used :(

you can active/deactive an extension so it is used /not used in the
system. (just click on the grey/green lego-brick-icon in the EM)

you can store/delete all files of an extension

'install' normaly means: store and activate
'uninstall' normally means: deactive only

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html