[TYPO3-english] new extension development for auction

Anupam Chatterjee anupam at vrisini.com
Fri Aug 8 08:53:02 CEST 2014

On 8/8/2014 12:11 PM, urjit gandhi wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> I am a beginner to Typo3, I can do theming,but later stuff is quite
> complex for me now.
>
> So I am here to ask for some suggestions.
>
> What I need is, an working auction system built in typo3. So I browsed
> many websites, and forums, and talked to people.
> And found, there is no ready extension available for that in typo3.
>
> So I got same response to create my own extension for my need.
>
> I need basic and initial instructions to follow to develop my own
> extension for auction system.
>
> So elaborating more, first I would like to have proper knowledge of
> creating own extension in typo3.
> Then I use that knowledge and extend to create it for auction.
>
> Any suggestion is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Urjit

Hi Urjit,

The first step towards creating your own ExtBase / Fluid extension in
TYPO3 is to install the "ExtensionBuilder". You can download the latest
version from here:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/extension_builder

Once you have that installed, please click on the option "Domain
Modelling". You will get the options to define various parameters for
your new extension, the plugins which you intend to have.

Then comes the part with "Model Definitions". You can click-drag on "New
Model Object" and define your domain models. If your model needs its own
repository, you have to check on "Is aggregate root?" under the "Domain
object settings".

You can associate the actions with your controller(s) through the
"Default Actions" section. Use the "Properties" section to define your
table fields and their properties.

If you can get this part sorted out correctly, the extension builder
should be able to create the basic files and structure of your
extension. Let us know if you are stuck with something. We are here to
help :-)

Regards,
Anupam Chatterjee