[TYPO3-english] Auction functionality in Typo3

Anupam Chatterjee anupam at vrisini.com
Thu Aug 7 15:42:46 CEST 2014

Hi Urjit,

Please find my reply inline!

On 8/7/2014 6:51 PM, Urjit Gandhi wrote:
 > Hello Anupam,
 >
 > I am using typo3 version 6.2.0beta6.

-> Why are you using a beta version when a newer stable release is
available. Please upgrade your instance.

 > First, let talk about first possible option because it will be easy
for me to customization in existing one. i have experience of
customization in wordpress and joomla but not in typo3. Its our first work.

 > Here is link what exact functionality i want. It is joomla component,
It has admin link also when you open below link you will also find at
top of screen,
 > http://auction-demo25.jextn.com/index.php/add-product
 >
 > I found some of extension from link that you give to me. Here is
below link and its name, but i found very small description in almost
extension so I cant judged what is nearly to my requirement so i will be
very thank full to you if you suggest to me for that.

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/caddy
 > Here is also documentation of it, But is like woocommerce and
virtuemart in wordpress and joomla have.
 > http://typo3-caddy.de/typo3conf/ext/caddy/doc/manual.pdf
 >
 > ->booking - http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/booking
 >
 > ->News Jobs - http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/pb_news_jobs

-> The key here is to look for the following in your choice of the
extension:
++ Choose an extension which works on TYPO3 version 6.2.x
++ Choose an extension which has a stable and recently updated version.
An extension which is in beta version is usually going to come along
with its own bugs. An extension which was last updated 4 yrs back for
instance is also useless in your case.

tt_products is a stable extension and can be used. But, I am not sure as
to how much of your requirement gets fulfilled with it out of the box.
It is only worth adding / modifying functionality to an existing
extension, if most of it is coming out-of-box. Else, the effort of
coding your own extension can be less complicated and less time consuming.

In the end, its your decision.

Best regards,
Anupam