[TYPO3-english] TemplaVoilà changes tags

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Aug 5 14:32:13 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 5-8-2014 2:27, Mathias Hübscher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have Typo3 6.2.3 with TemplaVoilá 1.9.0. I have a Template with the
> following part:
>
> <!--[if gt IE 9|!(IE)]><!-->
>      <script>
>          onInit();
>      </script>
> <!--<![endif]-->
>
> This part is not mapped and should passed through. But the output is the
> following:
>
> <!--[if gt IE 9|!(IE)]><!-->
> <script type="text/javascript">
>              onIni</script></!--[if><!--<![endif]-->
>
> Does anybody has an explanation for that behaviour?

In 6.2 the tidy feature was removed, so the candidate on the server side
is config.xhtml_cleaning. It is however more likely that your browser
did some processing.

Apart from what changed it the syntax in your template is a bit odd.
Maybe any parsing/cleaning/processing done somewhere was confused and
messed it up a bit.

For the downlevel-hidden conditional comments the syntax would be:

<!--[if (gt IE 9)|(!IE)]>
   <script type="text/javascript">
     onInit();
   </script>
<![endif]-->

Perhaps the condition could be [if (gt IE 9)|!IE], but I added the extra
() just to be on the safe side.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor