[TYPO3-english] Realurl and base URL config problem

Ueli Niggli hb9tny at uska.ch
Sun Apr 27 22:57:40 CEST 2014

Hello everyone

I am a total newbie to typo3, and my first task is to update a 4.6.3 installation to current.

I copied my website to a subdomain for testing and for preparing the update. The realurl works perfectly on the base website. When I click on a link on the copy of the website, I am redirected to the base website. For this reason I wanted to change the base URL configuration of the website copy, but there is no "baseurl" configuration in the root template. If I add the subdomain base URL to the constants, nothing changes.

Where does the realUrl extension get its baseUrl from, when it's not in the root template?

Thanks in advance, Ueli