[TYPO3-english] Minifying JS and CSS, good tools or extensions?

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Fri Apr 25 15:33:28 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've been using the extension js_css_optimizer to concatenate and minify JS and
CSS files and it worked almost, except that I keep having issues on a large
multi-domain site: apparently it re-generates the cache files quite frequently,
eventhough the CSS and JS hadn't changed. And after re-generating, every so
often something goes wrong: either some files are not generated, or the
references to files are not updated in the HTML (maybe the page cache isn't
cleared?), resulting in one or more sites without stylesheets or JS.

Anyone knows a solution, or suggestions for an extension or tools that might do
a better job?

I know I could do this in the IDE, use LESS or SASS etc., but there are more
developers contributing parts to the site, and there is a lot of legacy in the
site that will be a lot of work to refactor, so I'm looking for a solution that
works without too much refactoring.

Thanks,
Loek