[TYPO3-english] PAGE_TSCONFIG_ID and empty values for select

Sergio Catalá scatala.enet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 13:01:41 CEST 2014

Hello list,

I just saw this issue with PAGE_TSCONFIG_ID some time ago:
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-german/2012-February/083324.html

And I was asking myself if this could be solved somehow. The selectbox
on the left also appears empty for me, even if the values are properly
saved in the database (I checked that).

Besides that, I think this setting, that is recommended for plugin
flexforms in the official TCEFORM reference:

TCEFORM.tt_content.pi_flexform.PAGE_TSCONFIG_ID=XXX

affects all plugins. What if we want to use in another plugin a
different PAGE_TSCONFIG_ID? I couldn't find one setting for a flexform
in a specific plugin.

So my doubts are:

1) Why do the values disappear in a select for a flexform if we use the
TS from above?

2) Is there a better TS that could be applied only for a specific plugin
flexform?

My Flexform:

<settings.questions>
     <TCEforms>
         <exclude>1</exclude>
  <displayCond>FIELD:settings.action:=:list_records</displayCond>
  <label>LLL:EXT:ce_faq/Resources/Private/Language/locallang_db.xlf:tt_content.flexform_pi1.faq.sDEF.questions</label>
         <config>
             <type>select</type>
             <size>10</size>
             <minitems>1</minitems>
             <maxitems>100</maxitems>
  <foreign_table>tx_cefaq_domain_model_question</foreign_table>
             <foreign_table_where>AND tx_cefaq_domain_model_question.pid
= ###PAGE_TSCONFIG_ID### ORDER BY tx_cefaq_domain_model_question.title
ASC</foreign_table_where>
         </config>
     </TCEforms>
</settings.questions>