[TYPO3-english] Migration form Drupal to TYPO3

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Apr 23 12:29:45 CEST 2014

Am 23.04.14 12:05, schrieb zatara zataropoulos:
> Dear all,
>
> I am very new at TYPO3 community (and in typo3 in general :) ).
>
> I am working as web developer for few years now and recently one of my
> clients decided to change CMS from Drupal to TYPO3.
> My question is if I can find somewhere any guide (preferably with
> specific steps) to start the migration to TYPO3. With a little research
> that I did I didn't found anything relative with extensive information
> how to proceed to migration.
> Thank you very much in advance!
> Marios
>
> ps. I am so sorry if this question is asked before here in the forum but
> i searched and I didn't find something relative.

I can't remember any solutions, so a question like yours is very seldom.
I don't think that you will find a general solution for your migration,
as each website will be very individual and solutions will be individual
(in drupal and TYPO3)
In case you can migrate the basic structure of webpages, and maybe the
simple elements like texts and images too, you propably have individual
data which is handled with plugins and extensions. These extensions will
need a very individual migration.

so you need a good understanding of both datastructures: drupal and
TYPO3 to assign which database-field is migrated to which database-field.
and you also may need a good overview of extensions to select matching
extensions.

Depending on the size of the website it might be a idea to build the
site anew (including a new design up to date) and then insert the data
manually.

I recommend: get in touch with an experienced TYPO3 expert to select the
correct extensions in TYPO3 [1] and build up the empty TYPO3
installation. then you can transfer the old data into the new CMS.

[1] TYPO3 has a lot of changes in the moment. so a lot of solutions of
the last years may be obsolete in the near future. be sure to build the
new installation with TYPO3 6.2.
but that can be a problem (and work) as not much extensions are
available for this version yet.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html