[TYPO3-english] How to add a line break with wrapItemAndSub ?

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Fri Apr 18 17:12:59 CEST 2014

Am 18.04.2014 17:00, schrieb Jean-Claude Jouffre:
> Hello,
>
> As typo3 generates an entire menu on one HTML line, web browsers
> (firefox and IE) don't display menus the same way as if the HTML code
> would be indented.

[...]

> But, to finish the job, I must have a line break surrounding the <li
> id="L1"> <li> which comes from the wrapItemAndSub function.
>
> Unfortunatly, wrapItemAndSub.noTrimWrap does not do anything. Do you
> have an idea of what to do ?

as all wraps (except noTrimWrap) trim all whitespace around the wraps,
your additional linebreaks are trimmed for allStdWrap or wrapItemAndSub.
the only possibility to insert linebreaks is to insert them inside of
something which is not whitespace. And then you do not nead noTrimWrap.

my solution would be:
NO {
   wrapItemAndSub (
<li id="L1">|</li><!--