[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila future "reborn"

Wouter Wolters typo3 at wouterwolters.nl
Wed Apr 16 20:51:23 CEST 2014

Hi all,

In June 2013 Tolleiv Nietsch announced that he wants to stop maintaining
the TemplaVoila project. In a small series of blog posts he explained
the reasons behind his decision [1] [2].

As stated in the last blog post from Tolleiv; there will be a release
compatible with TYPO3 CMS 6.2.
During the TYPO3 Developer Days, I (Wouter Wolters) started with a try
to make TemplaVoila compatible with TYPO3 CMS 6.2 and posted this to my
GitHub account [3].
 From time to time this repository was mentioned in the release notes of
a new aplha/beta release of TYPO3 CMS 6.2.

In the following weeks, more and more activity happened around TemplaVoila.

     - Pull requests on GitHub
     - Issues reported
     - Mails from the community to check what the status and plans are
     - Developer(s) offering their help

During the Active Contributors Meeting in Nuremberg, Alexander
Schnitzler brought up the topic again. (Thanks for that! I couldn't make
it to visit the ACME myself.)
Alexander Schnitzler started some discussions with a few Active
Contributors/Release Managers to get an idea of how others think about
the plans for having a release which is compatible with both TYPO3 4.5
LTS and 6.2 LTS.

Last week some coding and bugfixing has been done and there is already a
1.9.0-beta1 release for testing purposes available [4].
We ask everybody who uses TemplaVoila and need it in TYPO3 CMS 6.2  LTS
to test this version as much as possible.

If you find a problem or bug in TemplaVoila, please report it to us [5].
Do not forget to state which version of TYPO3 CMS you are using while
testing.
Thanks in advance for testing and being a helping hand!

Finally, we want to announce that we will continue with this project as
follows:
     - Release version 1.9.0 which is compatible with TYPO3 4.5 LTS to
TYPO3 CMS 6.2 LTS
     - Release 1.9.x patch level versions if needed (security or
important bug fixes)
     - For those who are interested to continue; cleanup code base,
fixing bugs. No new FEATURES will be done!
       This version, if released, will be a 2.0.0 version only
compatible to TYPO3 CMS 6.2 and later.

Greetings from the newly formed TemplaVoila team!

[1] http://blog.tolleiv.de/2013/06/templavoila-future/
[2] http://blog.tolleiv.de/2013/06/templavoila-followup/
[3] https://github.com/wouter90/templavoila
[4]