[TYPO3-english] User - Add Image to Page Element "Access Denied"

Rick J. r.jones at fixt.org
Wed Apr 16 18:17:58 CEST 2014

TYPO3-English:

I recently moved a 600+ page Typo3 (4.03) site to a new web host and
upgraded to 6.17.  It went surprisingly well except for a few issues
that have confounded me.  The issue I’d like to submit for consideration
is a problem with adding images to page elements.

If I’m logged in as an administrator I have no problems adding/editing
images in a Text & Image page element.

If I log in as a regular user I can successfully add an image to the
same element using RTE.  But when I go to the Images tab it doesn’t list
the existing images, and if I try to add an image the list of files
loads ok, but when I click on an image I just get:

The page at [domain url] says:
Access Denied
OK

It doesn’t seem to be an Apache, Linux, or PHP issue since it works OK
as an administrator and I don’t get any errors in the Typo3 log.  As far
as I can tell the filemount, user, and page permissions are ok.  I
suspect it has something to do with USER TSconfig and/or the File
Abstract Layer.

I found it easier to check user TSCONFIG in the older version of Typo3.
  It had the ability to compare USER TSconfig’s, but that feature seems
to have been removed in the newer BE user extension.  The new compare
only displays a very basic list of settings.

I tried installing another new instance of Typo3 (6.2) Introduction
Package on the same host and I get the same results with images.

Has anybody had this problem or have any suggestions on how to
troubleshoot this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Rick J.