[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-core] TYPO3 6.2.1 and other patchlevel releases tomorrow

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Tue Apr 15 17:38:08 CEST 2014

Hi TYPO3 enthusiasts,

we decided to release patch level releases of all branches tomorrow:

	Wednesday, April 16th, 2014

This means the following releases will be packaged: 4.5.33, 4.7.18,
6.0.13, 6.1.8, 6.2.1 tomorrow in the evening. There are already plenty
of fixes in the queue for all those branches which clearly justifies
releasing them.

Especially of course for the new 6.2.

The 6.2.1 will contain many important fixes which were reported and
fixed since the release of 6.2.0 and will probably be the most prominent
of these patchlevel releases.

You are invited to report, test, review and create patches and help out
to make 6.2.1 a great update for our beloved new LTS.

Note that the branch "master" still holds our "6.2" development and this
will still not change even after 6.2.1 is released. The plan is to keep
it in master for at least the Code Sprint in Bremen (beginning of May -
there are still places, if you want to join!) [1].

Meanwhile we are already preparing for what's to come "after 6.2". Some
might have heard or read about the plans for a slightly changed release
cycle in future, and we will focus on getting the concept straight
during the next weeks - as a Blueprint, then discuss it here with you
guys, and finally make it concrete and start working on it.

Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Ernesto

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/CMS_CodeSprint_2014/3:_Bremen