[TYPO3-english] Migration 4.6 to 6.2: error "Could not acquire lock for ClassLoader cache creation"

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Apr 15 13:48:08 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,

Markus Klein wrote:

> Can you tell us, where this hooked into bootstrap, so we can reproduce it?
> 'cause if a class is only missing this should not affect the Locker at
> all. You'd get an exception that the class (with the name then) is not
> found

The class loader caches missing classes. Each of those classes will get an
own cache entry and for each of them, a new lock will be aquired.

Therefore this might be some kind of race condition or somehow the random
file name creation fails. On top of that there is a bug in the class loader
that fails (exception) because of a non-aquired lock. IMHO it should skip
the cache saving and just continue the operation.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!