[TYPO3-english] Migration 4.6 to 6.2: error "Could not acquire lock for ClassLoader cache creation"

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 15 10:28:41 CEST 2014

Hi Markus,

> Please check what is in the typo3temp/locks/ directory.

I got the error again after clearing the whole cache. At that point I
found that a file was left in typo3temp/locks/. I deleted it and the
error disappeared, but I really don't understand what's happening, since
the lock file had correct ownership and permissions. At least from the
file system point of view, there's no reason it could not be deleted to
release the lock, so it's got to be a bug in the Core, but it's really
erratic and thus hard to reproduce.

Anyway the class cache should catch the lock exception. It is rather
silly to crash the whole installation just because some class
information could not be cached. Or is this cache so crucial? What do
you think?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter