[TYPO3-english] questions about FAL

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Tue Apr 15 10:00:39 CEST 2014

some time has passed since I asked about FAL.

I still miss some documentation as [1] and especialy [2] is very empty.

as FAL might be a very good interface to use imageserver, which have
their own file-/image-handling I'm interested in an effective usage of
imageservers.
currently we use imageserver but it is very painful and slow:
as we have a lot of images the navigation in the BE is very slow [3].

with the new 6.2 it becomes a little bit better - but an upgrade is not
possible in the moment - and still it is very slow.

and as TYPO3 creates its own thumbnails it takes a lot of space to
generate and store thumbnails which would be available on the fly from
the imageserver as the server could serve any size by asking with the
matching url (the size would be coded in the url-path). Therefore the
routines to resize images should be changable [4]

anyone, who can give some light into this questions?
thanks

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/FileAbstractionLayerReference/Index.html
[2]
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/FileAbstractionLayerReference/Developers/Api/Index.html