[TYPO3-english] Using Typo3 as an accounting system?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Apr 14 12:36:15 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 2014-04-10 18:14, Dave S wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience using Typo3 in this or a similar maner?
> Thanks in advance for your time!

We recently had a similar requirement and I did some investigation.
After having looked at the wikipedia list of different accounting
software solutions [1] I decided that I will take a closer look at
"Frontaccounting" [2] as it sounds promising: "FrontAccounting is
multiuser, multilingual and multicurrency."

Especially the "multiuser" aspect is important. This is for example not
true for GNUcash. Having a multiuser capable accounting software it
should be possible to use the common application interface for humans
entering bills or received cash and on the other hand have an TYPO3
application posting automated payments (or receivables).

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_accounting_software
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontaccounting

greetings,
Bernhard