[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 file selection wizard too complex

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Apr 10 15:10:52 CEST 2014

Am 10.04.14 12:47, schrieb Markus Klein:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> instead of writing something on your own, it would be great if you could profile this instance to figure out where the time is lost.
> I don't have such huge instances, so I can't try atm.

as I'm not fit to profile TYPO3 I tried to make it reproducable. Which
leads to this script (execute from fileadmin/):

----
#!/bin/bash

mkdir tester
for i in `seq 1 250` ;
do
   mkdir tester/dir_$i
   for j in `seq 1 $[$i * 20]` ;
   do
     cp ../typo3_src/typo3/gfx/warning.png tester/dir_$i/dummy_$j.png
   done
   cp ../typo3_src/typo3/gfx/typo3.png tester/dir_$i/dummy_31415.png

   echo $i

done
----

now try to select the file fileadmin/tester/dir_195/dummy_31415.png into
a CE

the original problem was much more complicated (and slower) as it works
on an extra filestorage which includes a mounted folder where the big
folder ('tester') is a subfolder. there were some more images which are
all much bigger. and so the access to this mounted folder is fast in a
shell it is verrrry sloooooow in TYPO3.

and for reproducability: I use 6.1.7 as still not all included
extensions are ready to work with 6.2.0

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html