[TYPO3-english] Probably basic - but can't use a slideshow plugin

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Apr 10 09:00:31 CEST 2014

Am 10.04.14 02:43, schrieb Greg Elsley:
> Hi Bernd,
>
> Thanks a lot for taking the time to pass on all that information.
>
> I looked in to updating the site to v6, I had looked in to that
> previously as well, but as I'm not hosting the site, I don't believe
> that I can update it (as from what I've read it needs to be installed on
> to the server machine?). I also can't access the "Admin Tools ->
> Install" section of the site as it has a password that I don't have, and
> I've requested it but no luck getting a reply for that either.
>
> It seems to me that updating the website to v6 should be the first step,
> then trying to sort out the slideshow from there? After mucking around a
> bit more (this time in the "template" section to make sure it's running
> jquery) but still not having any luck - i think i just need to find a
> new administrator for it.

doing an update is not to be done without a good knowledge of TYPO3. so
you need a (new) administrator.
this administrator will know how to access the install tool without the
password ;-)
just be sure that you own all the neccessary accesses of your domain (so
you don't use it yourself, because you might mess things up)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html