[TYPO3-english] Probably basic - but can't use a slideshow plugin

Greg Elsley greg at cairnshometheatre.com.au
Wed Apr 9 10:27:25 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've searched through these forums a bit to try and solve my problem - but not being a programmer myself, it's fairly apparent from all the abbreviations used in these forums that it's predominately coders and not the general public coming on here!

My problem though (if someone is nice enough to help!) is that I'm trying to install a slideshow plugin for the gallery section of my website. Essentially i just want one image, that the user can then click on and have a slideshow of images to go through.

I've downloaded and tried image_cycle, perfect Lightbox and slideshow, with the process being:
Download file to PC.
Go to "extension manager" section of Typo3
Go to "Import extensions" drop down box and use the "choose file" option to get it from the PC.
Then I've gone to "install extensions" drop down option where I select the grey cube to "install" the extension.

I can then go to my page, create a new record in the tab that I want, use the "content element type - insert plugin" then go to the plugin tab and select "Image Cycle" from the drop down box, use the "choose file" option to select the images I want, tick the "first image only" option then save!

Except I view my page - and there are no pictures at all. I have the heading that I created, but no images show up.

It looks like I have Typo3 4.5.22, using Image Cycle 2.7.6 if that helps at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I would ask the designer of the site, but he's a mate who has done the site for free (I've tried numerous times to pay him), and I've requested help a few times but he's too busy or whatever the excuse is, but I can't really get up him when he won't take any money for any of it - which leaves me a bit stuck.

Thanks!!