[TYPO3-english] Upgrade to 6.2 - missing images in backend

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Apr 7 18:02:43 CEST 2014

Hi Gunnar,

Gunnar Jonsson wrote:

> I have upgraded from Typo3 6.0 to 6.2. Everything seems Ok. However, all
> the uploaded images has disappeared from the page contents in backend.
Did you run all the upgrade wizards in the install tool?

> Now
> only the filename is listed in the page content in backend. Is there a
> different handling of the images in backend in Typo3 6.2?

Yes, we now have the Filehandling Abstraction Layer (FAL). Instead of
directly saving the file path in the DB, we store a reference to a dedicated
file table.
Therefore you see all file relations as IRRE (inline relational record
editing) record. You can click on the entry to expand its properties.

> Is there any
> variable to set in order to get the images back in backend. It is no
> problem with the images in frontend, only in backend.

Can you see the IRRE records? If they do not show up at all, then please
disable all third party extensions and try again.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!