[TYPO3-english] 6.2 tt_content TCA showitem problem

Stefan Reichelt eichelt at web.de
Wed Apr 2 18:09:32 CEST 2014

Hello again,

I found the problem.
When you use ExtensionManagementUtility::addToAllTCAtypes in an
extension you can add your own fields into the showitem of all CTypes of
tt_content. By default they then appear under the Extended tab.

However if you later on (fe. in another extension which gets loaded
after the one with the fields) change the showitem-string of some CType
again, you remove those fields. If no fields are given in an tab like
with 'Extended' one then it apparently doesn't get rendered at all.

So yeah. Although I'm still confused why it worked before. I wrote a
small extension around beta1 or beta2, which first adds two new fields
to tt_content columns, then calls addToAllTCAtypes for those fields and
a little after that adds a complete showitem for an new CType...

Hmm, maybe I overlooked something or did it wrong. Oh well, but at least
under final 6.2.0 I now have a completely different problem solved in
the same extension as well. :D

Kind regards
Stefan