[TYPO3-english] Re: Please help me with dmc_geoIP if you can!

Ollie New oliver.new at bluefroglondon.com
Wed Apr 2 13:47:18 CEST 2014

Hi Nicola,

thanks for the advice - it certainly pointed me in the right direction!

I managed to achieve what I needed to do by making a user function and within that I used the ml_geoip libraries (http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ml_geoip) to find the country. The good thing about this is that it uses the free maxmind data file, so you don't need to set up and query another database table.

Thanks again for the clues!

Oliver.