[TYPO3-english] Adding a different design page to existing template

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Wed Apr 2 08:52:13 CEST 2014

Am 01.04.14 16:16, schrieb Nils Hodyas:

> Am 01.04.2014 12:37, schrieb Andrea Cartia:
>> I can see that a simple external HTML page might be the easiest
>> solution. My company uses direct mail on typo to manage their
>> newsletter. But then, how can I link the sign-up form to the
>> newsletter database in Typo3? So when someone register in the form,
>> their email is added to the database with all the other emails?
>>
> Ah, I thought you needed just a plain HTML page.
>
> In that case I'd advise you not to strip the page.
>
> You can of course define a different (simpler) template for the
> newsletter login page. The problem is: there are different ways in TYPO3
> to build a page and we don't know yet how it is done on your site.
>
> Dig into the TypoScript Setup and look for the PAGE object. The page is
> normally created in PAGE.10 so you will find some code there that might
> give a clue.

it is not only page.10 which makes a page.
so page.10 mostly includes the the visible part of the page: the html
inside the body-tag. (independent of the way this part is realized: TV,
automaketemplate, marker-templates, pure typoscript, fluid, ...)

a lot of configuration is done for the head-tag, which is generated by
other elements than just page.10 .

for a clean new 'layout' you must start a new templating, otherwise you
will carry on a lot of configuration you have to remove.

create a new TS-template in this page and mark it root-template. build a
complete new page object (and config) with just that configuration you
really need.
Now it might be helpful if you have structured your TS-templates to
share the configuration of extensions between the whole site and this page.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html