[TYPO3-english] template partials

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Apr 2 08:07:17 CEST 2014

Hi,

> Is it really so (still) that I have to copy the whole
> Resources/Private/Partials folder tree to the fileadmin to add this one
> class to this one file?
>
> This means I have extra folders and files that I don't want to edit and
> when I update the bootstrap package I have to update the extra files
> manually to fileadmin also?

6.2 provides an override mechanism for templates. See the what's new
slide (English) on http://typo3.org/download/release-notes/whats-new/ p.
164:

Fluid: Fallback Path For Templates

- Fluid supports "fallback" paths for templates, partials and layouts now:
templateRootPaths, partialRootPaths, layoutRootPaths

- Highest index
rst, then iterate through lower indexes, until template
is found

plugin.tx_myextension {
    view {
        templateRootPath = EXT:myextension/Resources/Private/Templates/
    }
}

plugin.tx_myextension {
    view {
        templateRootPath >
        templateRootPaths {
            10 = fileadmin/myextension/Templates/
            20 = EXT:myextension/Resources/Private/Templates/
        }
    }
}

HTH