[TYPO3-english] Adding fields on sr_feuser_register ( checkboxes )

Salander luc.berro at epitech.eu
Mon Sep 30 17:38:08 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm crap at english, I hope you'll understand everything!

I have a little issue to add checkboxes on my register form.
I followed this doc to add a text field called "place".
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/sr_feuser_register/3.0.2/#tutorial-adding-fields-to-the-registration-form

I modified the fe_users table with kickstarer by creating an extension called tx_place_place. And here is the "input" line I added on the html template of sr_feuser_register.
>  <input type="text" name="FE[fe_users][tx_place_place]" size="20" maxlength="20" />

It works. So it's cool. In the doc it doesn't work with the line they provide me, that's why it's a bit different.

But now I want to add chekboxes; 4 checkboxes.
I used the kickstarter option ( extend existing tables -> checkbox, 4 in a row )
I did everything like before with the "place" field, instead I put something like this in the html.

>    <input type="checkbox" name="FE[fe_users][tx_activity_institution]" value="Compagnie" />
>    <input type="checkbox" name="FE[fe_users][tx_activity_institution]" value="Programateur />
>    <input type="checkbox" name="FE[fe_users][tx_activity_institution]" value="Instituions" />
>    <input type="checkbox" name="FE[fe_users][tx_activity_institution]" value="Informations" />

And here is the problem. there are the checkboxes on the registration form but it doesn't do anything on the users storage after registration ( the datas are blanks ). So there is probably an issue, because on the SQL fe_users table there is definitly the tx_activity_institution field.
In the documentation they tell me to do this ###TCA_INPUT_tx_activity_instituion### but it doesn't show any checkboxes, that's why I changed it to those 4 lines.

I hope you can help me!
Thanks.

Cordialement,

Salander