[TYPO3-english] Grid elements: Identification with alias?

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Fri Sep 27 21:16:55 CEST 2013

Am 27.09.2013 11:00, schrieb Christian Weiske:
> Hello Joey,
>

>> http://www.networkteam.com/blog/post/gridelements-professionell-nutzen.html
>> They are still using 1 as the identifier, but it should be possible
>> to use a real string as well.
>
> Thanks for that link - it will serve us well.

I had some time in the ICE on my way back home, so I managed to
integrate and push that alias thingie into GE 2.x master and GE 1.x trunk.

Current versions contain a new alias field that will automatically
override the UID as layoutId of the record as soon as it is set. The
value can be 255 alphanum_x lowercase characters and must be unique per
PID not per DB. This way you can use the same alias twice within the
same page tree but in different sections.

Instead of the original UID the alias will be saved as
tx_gridelements_backend_layout value as well, so that field had to be
resized from 64 to 255, but you have to update the database anyway to
get the alias field itself.

Tested with a non numeric layout ID taken from a record and not from
TSconfig.

Have fun with it :-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian